The best thing about spring is the ability to spend loads of time outside! Whether you like working in the garden, sipping a cocktail on a terrace or my favorite thing to do have a picnic in the park, it’s the best season for outdoor fun.
Utrecht has loads of parks, on a warm spring day all of the parks are always packed with people playing soccer, frisbee, lounging and even enjoying a BBQ. Each park has its own setting, atmosphere and of course a different kind of crowd.
Here is a short list of some of the parks you can visit to enjoy your time outdoors.
Reasons to visit: [highlight]Lepelenburg park[/highlight] (Zocherpark)
- One of the oldest parks in Utrecht, some of the trees are about hundred years old. Lepelenburg is a real city park!
- Has lot’s of events during spring and summer, like the culinary event: Uitgekookt.
- Very relax atmosphere full of young people, students and creative peeps.
Reasons to visit: [highlight]Giftpark[/highlight]
- It’s a great park for the whole family.
- Gorgeous park with loads of space, beautiful plants, threes and water elements.
- Want to get sporty join the many bootcamp groups that run and exercise in the park.
- Has a great restaurant with a very large and beautiful France-like terrace.
Reasons to visit: [highlight]Whileminapark[/highlight]
- A romantic oases just outside the city centre with a fountain and lake.
- The park attracts a mixed crowd consisting of families, youngsters, hippos, lovers and elderly people.
- Close by the Burgermeester Reigerstraat so you can buy a bottle wine, good Italian cheese, sweet snacks to enjoy in the park.
- Home to one of the best restaurants in Utrecht. Watch people go by while you sip a latte.
Reasons to visit: [highlight]Estate Amelisweerd & Rhijnauwen[/highlight]
- Nice bike ride to the estate and when you arrive it feels like you are in fairy land.
- A visit to Amelisweerd is a guaranty for a full day of fun. You can visit the museum, the garden to pick flowers or vegetables, get sporty and rent a canoe. There is something to do for everyone.
- If you would like to stay a bit longer you can, there are hotels nearby.